Essay Zone.com - Free essays!
REGISTER NOW!
Login to an existing account
     
GCSE essays
A Level essays
University essays
Forum
Why join?
Essay quality
FAQ

Search forums
About us
Contact us

 

 
memo negotiation Free essay! Download now

Home > A Level > Economics > memo negotiation

memo negotiation

You can download this essay for free. All you need to do is register and submit at least one of your essays to us.

Or you can purchase this essay for just $2 instantly without registering

Downloads to date: N/A | Words: 360 | Submitted: 04-Apr-2011
Spelling accuracy: 98.6% | Number of pages: 2 | Filetype: Word .doc


This is what the first 2 pages of the essay look like

memo negotiation essay previewmemo negotiation essay preview

Description

example of how to write a memo

Preview

Background
Last month at a clothing fair, our Miriam Design Collection of silk scarves, was displayed. During this fair we were approached by Trendsetters, a major clothing retail chain. They were very interested in a deal with us and wanted to place an order of 50,000 scarves. For this reason I invited them over to talk about this subject.

Strategy
We have had discussed a strategy that the ideal would be an order for 50,000 scarves in five different patterns. All the scarves would be delivered after 1 December, they would not get a discount and they would need to pay the amount on the day after delivery. Since we know that they wanted to have the order before 1 December, the fallback would be half of the delivery before 1 December, and half of the delivery after. Due to our cash-flow problem we could try to let them pay in advance.

Meeting
Mrs. Soukaina Taouss, Trendsetters’ Purchasing Manager, and I met each other at my office this afternoon at 4 o’clock. The atmosphere was very good and she was very kind. We talked for a while and eventually got down to business. Mrs. Taouss wanted to order 50,000 scarves in 25 different patterns and colours before 1 December. I explained that if she wanted 25 patterns, the delivery time would be a problem. Even though she understood the problem, she needed to have the scarves before that time. After discussing for a while, we agreed that if she wanted to buy 10,000 units of scarves in 10 different patterns, instead of 25, we could deliver 70% before 1 December and 30% on 18 December. Furthermore, the terms of payment were no problem for her. She agreed with me that she would pay 35% of the total amount on 15 November and 65% of the amount when the whole order is complete.

Result
At the end of the meeting I was quite satisfied with the results because we reached almost all our ideal points. She ordered 50,000 scarves in 10 different patterns. 70% of those scarves will be delivered before 1 December and 30% will be delivered on 18 December. Furthermore, we have decided to split up the payment and she will pay 35% on 15 November and 65% on 18 December, when the order is complete.
Word count: 400

Download this essay in full now!

Just upload at one of your essays to our database and instantly download your selection! Registration takes seconds

Or you can download this essay for $2 immediately without registering


Comments and reviews

Reviews are written by members who have downloaded the essay

No comments yet. If you download the essay you can review it afterwards.